Below are some tips and recommendations for travelers and property owners to prevent potential scams and frauds when inquiring or making reservations/bookings via Rentalo:
Avoid wiring funds via Western Union, Moneygram or any other money service that does not offer buyer protection.
RENTALO.COM WILL NEVER ASK TRAVELERS TO WIRE MONEY OR SEND CASHIERS CHECKS WHEN MAKING A RESERVATION
- Fake Cashier Checks and Money Orders are commonly used by scam artists - beware of them, as banks will cash them and then hold you responsible when the fake is discovered weeks later.
- Never give out your personal or business financial information (bank account number, social security number, etc) when inquiring or making a reservation.
When possible, deal locally with folks you can meet in person.
- If you suspect that a property ad or a traveler using rentalo.com may be part of a scam, please contact us as soon as possible. Be sure to include the URL (or Rentalo ID number), or Inquiry Reference Number in your message.
Before sending any form of payment, ask for business references, check online reviews, ask for copies of appropriate business license(s), BBB status, local chamber of commerce contact information, and any other documentation that may serve to verify the legitimacy of the person or business you are dealing with. Then, take the time to verify these documents.
Rentalo.com highly recommends for property owners to accept payments via credit card whenever possible. is a reliable and cost effective way to receive payments via credit cards and bank transfers. Click here to learn more
- Register your booking using Rentalo's Worry-Free Lodging Guarantee
- Protect all your trip expenses purchasing Vacation Rental Protection.
- Who else should I notify about scam or scam attempts?